Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good News

Well I heard back from the doctor and everything looked good on the CT scan of my head. He did see some sinus congestion (which I already knew about, thank you very much!) So yay. I'm very thankful for a good report, and yet, I am still uneasy about the whole thing. What about my next migraine? Are they all going to be like that now? I'm not sure I want to just wait around and find out. So now what? Migraine medications is not fun. I have a prescription for Imitrex, but I do not take them for several reasons: 1. They make you feel like you're having a stroke - one side of your face gets all tingly 2. They are VERY expensive - with insurance they are $20 for 4 pills. Yes that is correct, each pill is $5. 3. They are not good for you if you are pregnant. And no Mitch and I aren't exactly trying, but there is no birth control that is 100% effective. So what if, right? My doctor mentioned at my last appointment about some preventive medications available that would need to be taken every day, so maybe that is an option. But the good news is I haven't had a migraine since the bad one. And that is what I am trying to focus on - instead of being anxious about when the next one will come.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad your CT went well. I remember Josh, my oldest nephew, had migraines when he was in his early teens and he took preventative meds.

Cindy said...

So glad to hear that things went well. I hope the migraines stay away and I look forward to seeing the new haircut!